Mushrooms Au Gratin
This easy-to-prepare side dish brings me rave reviews whenever I prepare it for the holidays. Even when I double the recipe, my family eats every bite.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 pounds sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Gruyere or Swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a large skillet, saute mushrooms in butter until tender. Add wine
- or broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 4
- Combine the flour, sour cream, pepper and nutmeg until smooth; stir
- into mushrooms. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until bubbly.
- Transfer to a shallow serving dish. Sprinkle with cheese and
- parsley. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 193 calories, 14 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 119 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as