Mushroom and Spinach Saute
Mushrooms and spinach make a super-fast combination that’s perfect for two. “It’s easy to double or triple for a crowd,” notes Pauline Howard of Lago Vista, Texas.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a nonstick skillet, saute mushrooms in oil for 2 minutes or until
- tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Add spinach; cook and stir until wilted, about 1 minute. Season with
- salt and pepper. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup equals 82 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 216 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.