Here's an easy and fast side dish that we often serve when my husband grills steak. It's delicious with almost any entree, and it's ready in minutes! —Anna Stodolak, Volant, Pennsylvania
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4-1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon sugar
- 6 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 3/4 cup salad croutons
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, saute the mushrooms, onions and garlic in oil for
- 3-4 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Stir in the chives, lemon
- juice, vinegar and sugar.
- Arrange salad greens on serving plates; top with mushroom mixture.
- Sprinkle with croutons and cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 126 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 150 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch.