Mushroom Liver Pate
"It's easy to make this smooth, zippy spread," says Linda Rock of Stratford, Wisconsin. "And it tastes oh, so good!"
12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1/4 pound fresh mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 package (8 ounces) braunschweiger
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green onion
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Minced fresh parsley
- In a skillet, saute mushrooms in butter until tender. Remove from
- the heat. stir in the braunschweiger, sour cream, onion, mustard
- and cayenne; mix well. Press into a 1-1/2 cups bowl lined with
- plastic wrap. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Invert onto a
- plate; garnish with parsley. Yield: 1-1/2 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 96 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 39 mg cholesterol, 232 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.