Mushroom Hunter's Sauce
Hunter sauce is a rich brown sauce with an accent of tomato.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 cups uncooked extra-wide egg noodles
- 1-1/2 pounds sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1-1/4 cups vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large
- skillet, saute the mushrooms in butter until tender. Add wine. Bring
- to a boil; cook for 5 minutes or until sauce is reduced by half.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, broth and tomato paste until
- smooth. Add to mushroom mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for
- 2 minutes or until thickened. Drain noodles; serve with mushroom
- sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup mushroom mixture with 1 cup noodles equals 330 calories, 11 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 59 mg cholesterol, 427 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 11 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.