Mushroom Green Beans
In Duluth, Georgia, Mary Buhl dresses up green beans and mushrooms in a snap. She sparks the fresh taste of the veggies with a simple combination of lemon juice and Dijon mustard.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1-1/4 pounds fresh green beans
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place beans in a steamer basket. Place in a saucepan over 1 in. of
- water; bring to a boil. Cover and steam for 7-8 minutes or until
- crisp-tender. Meanwhile, in a skillet, saute mushrooms in oil for
- 5-7 minutes or until tender. Drain beans; add mushrooms. In a small
- bowl, combine the lemon juice, mustard, salt and pepper. Drizzle
- over vegetables and toss to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 59 calories, 4 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 184 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein.