Mushroom Corn Chowder
Chock-full of veggies, ham and cheese in every spoonful, this thick, creamy chowder from Elaine Krupsky of Las Vegas, Nevada, will take the chill off even the nippiest of fall evenings. Serve with crusty French bread.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/4 cups sliced fresh carrots
- 1 cup chopped celery with leaves
- 3/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1-1/3 cups 2% milk
- 1-1/2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 cup cubed process cheese (Velveeta)
- In a large saucepan, saute the carrots, celery, mushrooms and onions
- in butter until tender. Stir in the soup, milk, corn, ham and
- seasoned salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; stir in cheese. Cook
- and stir 3-5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup equals 184 calories, 12 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 652 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.