Ready to turn over a new burger? I guarantee no one will be missing the beef after they've tasted these vegetarian burgers. They're moist, tender and full of flavor.—Denise Hollebeke, Penhold, Alberta
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups finely chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Shape into four
- In a large skillet, cook patties in oil over medium heat for 3
- minutes on each side or until crisp and lightly browned. Serve on
- buns. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 330 calories, 13 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 121 mg cholesterol, 736 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 14 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as