Mushroom Broccoli Quiche
I've taken this dish to many family picnicseveryone loved it.Edie DeSpain, Logan, Utah
6-8 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup chopped fresh broccoli
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty
- foil. Bake at 450° for 5 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes
- longer or until light golden brown. Reduce heat to 350°.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, Worcestershire sauce, salt
- and cayenne. Stir in the broccoli, onions and mushrooms. Sprinkle
- cheese over crust. Pour egg mixture over cheese. Bake for 60-65
- minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 242 calories, 15 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 105 mg cholesterol, 360 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 10 g protein.