- in cream and salt. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or
- until slightly thickened. Stir in basil.
- Meanwhile, place 2-3 inches of water in a large skillet with high
- sides; add white vinegar. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer
- gently. Break cold eggs, one at a time, into a custard cup or
- saucer; holding the cup close to the surface of the water, slip each
- egg into water.
- Cook, uncovered, until whites are completely set and yolks are still
- soft, about 4 minutes. With a slotted spoon, lift each egg out of
- the water.
- Spread remaining butter over toast slices. Top each with asparagus, a
- poached egg and mushroom mixture. Sprinkle with pepper and drizzle
- with balsamic vinegar. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 340 calories, 25 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 267 mg cholesterol, 533 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 12 g protein.