My mulling blend is a merry combination of sugar and spice and a nice touch of citrus peel. Use it to flavor pancakes or waffles, wines or cider and even as a spice blend for poached apples.Cindy Fuller, Forest City, North Carolina
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons dried grated lemon peel
- 2 teaspoons dried orange peel
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Place all ingredients in a food processor; cover and process until
- blended. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up
- to 1 year.
- Mulling Spices may be used to prepare the following recipes: Holiday
- Spice Pancakes, Mulled Red Wine and Mulled Wine-Poached Apples.
- Yield: about 2 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 1/4 cup equals 215 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 22 mg sodium, 55 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein.