Mulled Pomegranate Sipper
This warm comforting cider fills the entire house with a wonderful aroma.
Lisa Renshaw, Kansas City, Missouri
16 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 1 hour
- 1 bottle (64 ounces) cranberry-apple juice
- 2 cups unsweetened apple juice
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 3 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 10 whole cloves
- 2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine first five ingredients. Place the
- cinnamon sticks, cloves and orange peel on a double thickness of
- cheesecloth; bring up corners of cloth and tie with string to form a
- bag. Add to slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 1-2 hours.
- Discard spice bag. Yield: 16 servings (about 3 quarts).
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup equals 131 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 21 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchange: 2 fruit.