Mozzarella Tomato Tartlets
Convenient frozen phyllo shells add to this impressive appetizer's easy preparation. Although I make them year-round, they're especially tasty with garden-fresh tomatoes.
24 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups seeded chopped tomatoes
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- Pepper to taste
- 24 frozen miniature phyllo tart shells
- 6 pitted ripe olives, quartered
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- In a small skillet, saute garlic in oil for 1 minute. Add the
- tomatoes; cook until liquid has evaporated. Remove from the heat;
- stir in the mozzarella cheese, basil and pepper.
- Spoon 1 teaspoonful into each tart shell. Top each with an olive
- piece; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Place on an ungreased baking
- sheet. Bake at 450° for 5-8 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 2
Nutrition Facts: 1 tartlet (calculated without Parmesan cheese) equals 40 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 37 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon