You won’t believe something this easy could taste so fantastic! Crunchy outside, gooey cheese inside...a treat all ages will love. Kids could help wrap them, too.
Shirley Warren - Thiensville, Wisconsin
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 12 pieces string cheese
- 12 egg roll wrappers
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Marinara or spaghetti sauce
- Place a piece of string cheese near the bottom corner of one egg roll
- wrapper (keep remaining wrappers covered with a damp paper towel
- until ready to use). Fold bottom corner over cheese. Roll up
- halfway; fold sides toward center over cheese. Moisten remaining
- corner with water; roll up tightly to seal. Repeat with remaining
- wrappers and cheese.
- In an electric skillet, heat 1/2 in. of oil to 375°.
- Fry sticks, a few at a time, for 30-60 seconds on each side or until
- golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve with marinara sauce.
- Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 mozzarella stick (calculated without marinara sauce) equals 241 calories, 14 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 423 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 10 g protein.