Mozzarella Chicken with Veggies
Writes Danielle Williams from Westville, Oklahoma: “This moist chicken dish is easy, healthy and packed with flavor! I make it all year round and like to serve it with a salad and Italian bread.”
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium sweet orange pepper, julienned
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 5-7
- minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Remove and keep
- In the same skillet, saute the mushrooms, peppers, garlic, salt and
- pepper until vegetables are tender. Return chicken to the pan; top
- with cheese. Cover and cook until cheese is melted.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 chicken breast half with 1 cup vegetables equals 340 calories, 15 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 94 mg cholesterol, 519 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 40 g protein.