Mountainous Mandarin Pie
"As a chocolate lover, I created this creamy chocolate and orange pie to satisfy my cravings," says Shelly Platten of Amherst, Wisconsin. "When I served it to friends, they immediately polished off one piece and asked for seconds."
6-8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 drops yellow food coloring, optional
- 1 drop red food coloring, optional
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 chocolate crumb crust (9 inches)
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Beat in the milk,
- orange juice concentrate, sour cream and food coloring if desired
- until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Spoon half into crust. Set
- eight mandarin orange segments aside. Arrange remaining oranges over
- filling. Top with remaining filling and reserved oranges.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate and shortening; stir until smooth.
- Cool slightly; drizzle over pie. Chill for at least 4 hours before
- serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 554 calories, 29 g fat (18 g saturated fat), 58 mg cholesterol, 260 mg sodium,