Mother Lode Pretzels
I brought these savory-sweet pretzels to a family gathering, and they disappeared from the dessert tray before dessert was even served! My family raves about how awesome they are. —Carrie Bennett, Madison, Wisconsin
54 ServingsPrep: 35 min. + standing
- 1 package (10 ounces) pretzel rods
- 1 package (14 ounces) caramels
- 1 tablespoon evaporated milk
- 1-1/4 cups miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons butterscotch chips
- 2/3 cup milk chocolate toffee bits
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- With a sharp knife, cut pretzel rods in half; set aside. In a large
- saucepan over low heat, melt caramels with milk. In a large shallow
- bowl, combine the chips, toffee bits and walnuts.
- Pour caramel mixture into a 2-cup glass measuring cup. Dip the cut
- end of each pretzel piece two-thirds of the way into caramel mixture
- (reheat in microwave if mixture becomes too thick for dipping).
- Allow excess caramel to drip off, then roll pretzels in the chip
- mixture. Place on waxed paper until set. Store in an airtight
- container. Yield: 4-1/2 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 pretzel equals 114 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 104 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.