- In a 6-qt. slow cooker, combine the squash, potatoes, onion and
- garlic. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper; place over
- vegetables. Top with apricots and cranberries.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and broth until smooth. Stir in the
- chili sauce, ginger, curry, cinnamon and cumin. Pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until chicken and vegetables
- are tender.
- Stir in garbanzo beans; cover and cook for 30 minutes or until heated
- through. Serve with couscous if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 chicken leg quarter with 2-1/2 cups vegetable mixture (calculated without couscous) equals 473 calories, 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 90 mg cholesterol, 733 mg sodium, 65 g carbohydrate, 12 g fiber, 34 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.