Moroccan Spice Blend
For years, our family enjoyed dishes flavored with ras el hanout, a Moroccan spice we use on everything from lamb stew to scrambled eggs.Carol Ward, Deming, New Mexico
24 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 5 min.
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground allspice
- 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1-1/2 teaspoons coarsely ground pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mace
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cardamom
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/8 teaspoon saffron threads or 1/2 teaspoon additional ground turmeric
- Combine all ingredients; store in an airtight container. Yield: 1/4
Nutrition Facts: 1/2 teaspoon equals 3 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 197 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.