Morning Orange Drink
Meet the Cook: Although it requires only a few basic ingredients and little preparation, this drink always draws raves from overnight guests about its "wake-up" taste.
My husband's a pastor. We have five children and six grandchildren.
-Joyce Mummau, Mt. Airy, Maryland
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 can (6 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 10 ice cubes
- Combine the first five ingredients in a blender; process at high
- speed. Add ice cubes, a few at a time, blending until smooth. Serve
- immediately. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup equals 115 calories, 1 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 21 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1/2 reduced-fat milk.