Morning Fruit Salad
“My best friend made this refreshing salad for lunch one hot summer day,” says Nikki Gaines of Covington, Georgia. “It was so good, I just had to have the recipe. Now I make it every chance I get. It’s always a hit at picnics and church brunches.”
6-8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 cups seedless grapes, halved
- 2 small apples, chopped
- 2 small bananas, sliced
- 1/3 cup flaked coconut
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup maraschino cherries, halved
- 1/4 cup raisins
- Drain oranges, reserving 4-1/2 teaspoons juice (discard remaining
- juice or save for another use). In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise
- and reserved juice.
- In a large bowl, combine the oranges, grapes, apples, bananas,
- coconut, walnuts, cherries and raisins. Divide among serving dishes;
- drizzle with mayonnaise mixture. Serve immediately. Yield: 6-8
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup equals 232 calories, 13 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 74 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein.