- 350° for 8-10 minutes or until edges are firm. Cool on wire
- For icing, in a large bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, water,
- meringue powder and cream of tartar; beat on low speed just until
- combined. Beat on high for 4-5 minutes or until stiff peaks form.
- Tint with food coloring. (Keep unused icing covered at all times
- with a damp cloth. If necessary, beat again on high speed to restore
- Frost and decorate cookies as desired. For mummy bandages, use basket
- weave pastry tip #46. For small detailed decorations, use round
- pastry tip #1 or #2. Yield: 3 dozen.
Editor’s Note: Meringue powder is available from Wilton Industries. Call 1-800/794-5866 or visit www.wilton.com. Use of a coupler ring will allow you to easily change pastry tips for different designs.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cookie equals 205 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 86 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.