“When my boys hear I’m planning to make Monkey Bread, they’re eager to help,” says Carol Allen of McLeansboro, Illinois. Brady is the official “shaker”. He coats the biscuits after Mom has cut them into pieces. Jerod arranges the coated biscuits in the pan, then it’s ready to go into the oven. “Both boys really enjoy helping me make Monkey Bread, and it seems to taste twice as good when they’ve he
10-12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) cook-and-serve butterscotch pudding mix
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans, optional
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3 tubes (10 ounces each) refrigerated biscuits
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the pudding mix, sugar,
- cinnamon and pecans if desired. Pour the butter into a shallow bowl.
- Cut the biscuits into quarters. Dip several pieces into the butter,
- then place in bag and shake to coat.
- Arrange in a greased 10-in. fluted tube pan. Repeat until all the
- biscuit pieces are coated. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or
- until browned. Cool for 30 minutes before inverting onto a serving
- plate. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 223 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 343 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.