The dear friend who shared this recipe has since passed away, but I think of her every time I prepare this sweet bread. Maple syrup provides a saucy caramel flavor. I enjoy developing original recipes or altering others to suit my tastes.
16 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2 tubes (7-1/2 ounces each) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- Cut each biscuit into quarters. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar,
- cinnamon and nutmeg. Dip biscuits in butter, then roll in sugar
- mixture. Layer half the biscuits in a 10-in. fluted pan; sprinkle
- with half the nuts. Repeat layers. Pour syrup over top.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately
- invert onto a serving platter. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers.
- Yield: 1 loaf.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 185 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 178 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.