Mom's Potato Salad
This potato salad is the best I've ever tasted. It was a favorite when I was growing up, and now it's requested whenever we throw a family barbecue. —Sally Kramer, Aloha, Oregon
6 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Cook: 15 min. + cooling
- 5 medium red potatoes, cubed
- 1/2 cup Miracle Whip
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 3 sweet pickles, finely chopped
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Place potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the Miracle Whip, salt, pepper and garlic.
- Stir in the potatoes, eggs, pickles, pimientos and onions. Sprinkle
- with paprika. Chill until serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup equals 225 calories, 11 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 219 mg cholesterol, 555 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein.