Molten Chocolate Cakes
If you know a chocolate lover, here's a delectable way to make his or her dreams come true. Set one of these yummy oh-so-chocolaty cakes in front of them. The whole family loves the rich syrupy center inside these cakes.Deanna Kymer, Broomfield, Colorado
8 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 5 eggs
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate and butter; stir until
- smooth. Cool slightly. Add the eggs, egg yolks and confectioners'
- sugar; mix well. Stir in flour until blended. Pour into eight
- greased 6-oz. custard cups.
- Place custard cups on a baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 15-16 minutes
- or until a thermometer inserted near the center reads 160°.
- Remove from the oven and let stand for 1 minute. Run a knife around
- edges of cups; invert onto dessert plates. Serve immediately. Yield:
- 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One cake equals 578 calories, 38 g fat (21 g saturated fat), 300 mg cholesterol, 275 mg sodium, 56 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 9 g protein.