Molded Rhubarb Salad
Says Sue Seymour of Valatie, New York, "My bright red salad sets fresh tart rhubarb in a fruity-sweet gelatin blend."
10-12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 3 cups diced rhubarb
- 2 cups water
- 1-2/3 cups sugar
- 1 package (6 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a saucepan over medium heat, cook rhubarb in water until tender,
- about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in sugar and gelatin
- until dissolved. Add pineapple and nuts. Pour into an oiled 6-cup
- mold. Chill until set. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 225 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 34 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.