Molded Peach Gelatin
For folks who don't care for cranberry sauce, consider serving this pleasant peach mold at your Thanksgiving dinner. It's convenient do-ahead dish when preparing for a busy day.
4-6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) sliced peaches
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 package (3 ounces) peach or orange gelatin
- Drain peaches, reserving juice; add enough water to juice to measure
- 1 cup. Place peaches in a blender. Cover and process until smooth;
- set aside.
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, nutmeg and reserved juice
- mixture. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 1
- minute or until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat; stir in
- gelatin until dissolved. Stir in the peach puree.
- Pour into a 3-cup mold coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate until
- set. Just before serving, unmold onto a serving plate. Yield: 4-6
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 173 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 38 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.