Molded Cherry-Pineapple Salad
I found this recipe in an area newspaper years ago. When this festive salad appears at a potluck, folks always come back for seconds...and sometimes thirds! I sometimes tint it with food coloring for the holidays.
8-10 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 can (20 ounces) DOLE® Crushed Pineapple in 100% Pineapple Juice, undrained
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons maraschino cherry juice
- 1/2 pint heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 12 maraschino cherries, halved
- In a medium saucepan, dissolve gelatin in cold water. Add pineapple,
- cream cheese, sugar and juices; cook over medium heat, stirring
- often, until cream cheese is melted and gelatin is dissolved. Chill
- until syrupy. Fold in cream and cherries. Pour into an oiled 6-cup
- mold. Chill until firm. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 253 calories, 17 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 58 mg cholesterol, 80 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.