Molasses Barbecue Sauce
This sauce has a bold molasses flavor with a hint of orange. It goes well with chicken, ribs and chops.Sandra Pichon, Slidell, Louisiana
28 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup molasses
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes. Store in the
- refrigerator. Yield: 3-1/2 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 61 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 166 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.