Mojito Marinated Fruit
A mojito is a popular Cuban cocktail featuring rum, lime juice, sugar and fresh mint. In this recipe, we created a mojito-type syrup in which to marinate assorted fruit.Marcy Griffith, Excelsior, Minnesota
8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup light rum
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 2 cups each cantaloupe, honeydew and seedless Watermelon
Cool and refreshing, summer isn't summer without watermelon at the table. Serve it fresh or as part of a great main dish.
See More Recipes >
- 2 cups cubed fresh pineapple
- 3 mint sprigs
- Fresh mint leaves, optional
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and water; cook and stir over
- medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat. Stir in rum,
- lime juice and peel. Cool completely.
- In a large bowl, combine melons, pineapple and mint sprigs. Add rum
- mixture; toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- Discard mint sprigs. Spoon fruit with syrup into serving dishes. If
- desired, top with mint. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup equals 128 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 8 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.