Moist Potato Pancakes
Pass these potato pancakes around your table and compliments will follow. Arleen Osvatic, Waukesha, Wisconsin, serves her creamy, golden-brown pleasers with apple sauce.
3 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups grated peeled potatoes
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 2 to 4 tablespoons canola oil
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour, egg, milk, salt and pepper. Pat
- potatoes dry; stir into egg mixture. Add onion.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls into skillet; cook for 2-3 minutes on
- each side or until golden brown, adding more oil as needed. Serve
- with applesauce.
- Yield: 6 pancakes.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 227 calories, 12 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 74 mg cholesterol, 823 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.