Moist Lemon Chicken
"I originally developed this marinade for seafood, but it's wonderful with chicken, too," writes Nancy Schickling of Bedford, Virginia. "It adds mild lemon zing and keeps the meat moist and tender."
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 50 min.
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dill seed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 3-1/2 pounds), cut up
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first 10 ingredients;
- add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 4-6 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill chicken, covered, over low heat for
- 50-60 minutes or until juices run clear, turning several times.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving (prepared with low-sodium Worcestershire sauce and without salt) equals 219 calories, 6 g fat (0 saturated fat), 96 mg cholesterol, 132 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 36 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat.