- Carefully spread batter into prepared pan. Bake at 350° for 15-20
- minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Cool for 5
- Turn cake onto a kitchen towel dusted with 1 tablespoon
- confectioners’ sugar. Gently peel off waxed paper. Roll up cake in
- the towel jelly-roll style, starting with a short side. Cool
- completely on a wire rack.
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch; stir in water
- until smooth. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened
- and bubbly. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from
- the heat. Stir a small amount of hot mixture into egg; return all to
- the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir
- 2 minutes longer.
- Remove from the heat. Gently stir in lemon juice, peel and food
- coloring if desired. Cool to room temperature without stirring.
- Unroll cake; spread filling to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up
- again. Place seam side down on a serving plate; sprinkle with
- additional confectioners' sugar. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 slice equals 243 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 57 mg sodium, 55 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.