Moist Bran Muffins
These tender, slightly sweet muffins are a tasty way to round out any meal. The recipe makes a small quantity for a couple or a single person.Mildred Ross, Badin, North Carolina
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup All-Bran
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine the bran and milk; let stand for 5 minutes.
- Stir in oil. Combine the remaining ingredients; stir into bran
- mixture just until moistened.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups half full. Bake at 400°
- for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center
- comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a
- wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 4 muffins.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 179 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 282 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.