Moist Banana Bread
I found this recipe in a family cookbook, and it’s been a favorite ever since. Everyone seems to like it, even those who don’t normally care for banana bread.
24 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 55 min. + cooling
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 5 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups mashed ripe bananas (4 to 5 medium)
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped nuts, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a large bowl,
- whisk the eggs, bananas, oil and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients
- just until moistened. Stir in nuts if desired.
- Transfer to two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for
- 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes
- out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire
- racks. Yield: 2 loaves (12 slices each).
Nutrition Facts: 1 slice (calculated without nuts) equals 230 calories, 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 292 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.