Mock Sour Cream Raisin Pie
This old-fashioned dessert really is easy-as-pie to prepare. It's perfect for entertaining because it can be made ahead of time.
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chiliing
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1 cup (8 ounces) plain yogurt
- 1 package (.8 ounce) sugar-free cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- Fat-free whipped topping, optional
- In a saucepan, combine milk and yogurt. Add the pudding mix; cook and
- stir constantly until mixture boils and thickens. Stir in allspice.
- Add raisins; mix well and let cool for 10 minutes, stirring
- Pour into pastry shell. Chill at least 2 hours. Serve with whipped
- topping if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving (without whipped topping) equals 1-1/2 fat, 1 fruit, 1/2 skim milk; also, 175 calories, 210 mg sodium, 1 mg cholesterol, 24 gm carbohydrate, 4 gm protein, 8 gm fat.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.