“I’ve always tried to get my children to eat vegetables,” writes Deanne Schwarting of North English, Iowa. “When my son tried manicotti at a restaurant and liked it, I came up with this version. It was a hit.”
8 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 3 cups (24 ounces) fat-free cottage cheese, drained
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 lasagna noodles, cooked, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup meatless spaghetti sauce, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Spread 1/2 cup
- over each noodle; roll up jelly-roll style. Place seam side down in
- an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle
- with mozzarella cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 35 minutes. Uncover; drizzle with
- spaghetti sauce if desired. Bake 10 minutes longer or until heated
- through. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 piece (calculated without spaghetti sauce) equals 287 calories, 10 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 545 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber,