Mock Crab Louis Salad
“Come spring, I like a meal that doesn’t involve turning on the stove,” pens Alice Cibulka of Sun City, Arizona. “This hearty salad is quick, filling and fantastic. I round it out with lemonade, ice cream and a bunch of daffodils.”
1 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1/4 cup frozen peas, thawed and patted dry
- 3/4 cup cubed imitation crabmeat
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green pepper
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon ketchup
- 1/4 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Dash salt and pepper
- 2 lettuce leaves
- 1 hard-cooked egg, sliced
- 1/2 medium tomato, chopped
- In a bowl, combine the peas, crab, celery, onion and green pepper.
- Combine the mayonnaise, ketchup, horseradish, Worcestershire sauce,
- salt and pepper; pour over crab mixture and toss to coat. Cover and
- refrigerate for 1 hour or until chilled. Serve on a lettuce-lined
- plate with hard-cooked egg and tomato. Yield: 1 serving.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 560 calories, 39 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 242 mg cholesterol, 1,132 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 21 g protein.