Mocha Nut Balls
"These tender, flavorfufl cookies are so addictive, I always know I have to make a double batch. The family demands it!"
Janet Sullivan, Buffalo, New York
54 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min./batch
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans or walnuts
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat
- in vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa and coffee granules; gradually
- add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in pecans. Roll into 1-in.
- balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 325° for 14-16 minutes or until firm. Cool in pans for
- 1-2 minutes before removing to wire racks. Roll warm cookies in
- confectioners' sugar. Yield: 4-1/2 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cookie equals 69 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 24 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.