Mocha Mallow Parfaits
“Mocha is one of my favorite flavors, so when I found this recipe years ago, I knew I’d use it often, says Janice Mitchell of Aurora, Colorado, “Because I make this dessert a lot, I keep extra marshmallows in my freezer.”
2 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 12 large marshmallows
- 1/2 cup water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1/3 cup chocolate wafer crumbs
- In a small saucepan, combine the marshmallows, water and coffee
- granules. Cook and stir over medium heat until marshmallows are
- melted, stirring often. Cool completely. Fold in whipped cream.
- Set aside 2 teaspoons wafer crumbs. Spoon about 3 tablespoons of
- marshmallow mixture into each parfait glass; sprinkle with about 1
- tablespoon wafer crumbs. Repeat layers. Top with remaining
- marshmallow mixture; sprinkle with reserved crumbs. Refrigerate for
- at least 2 hours before serving. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 parfait equals 323 calories, 14 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 140 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.