Mixed Nut-Cornflake Brittle
This five-ingredient brittle is one of the best I've made. The recipe is so easy to follow and can be completed in about 30 minutes. Friends ask me for the recipe all the time.
16 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup butter
- 6 cups cornflakes
- 1-1/2 cups mixed nuts
- Line a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan with foil and heavily
- grease the foil; set aside. In a large heavy saucepan, combine the
- sugar, corn syrup and butter. Cook and stir over medium-high heat
- until sugar is dissolved and mixture begins to a boil. Remove from
- the heat. Stir in cornflakes and nuts.
- Spread into prepared pan. Bake at 300° for 25 minutes. Cool on a
- wire rack. Break into pieces. Store at room temperature in an
- airtight container. Yield: about 1-1/4 pounds.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 204 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 203 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.