Mixed Greens with Lemon Champagne Vinaigrette
Every forkful of this spectacular salad has a crunch from walnuts, a burst of flavor from pomegranate seeds and a smooth finish from the simple vinaigrette.Ray Uyeda, Mountain View, California
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 4 cups torn leaf lettuce
- 4 cups fresh spinach
- 2 cups fresh arugula
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- In a salad bowl, combine the leaf lettuce, spinach and arugula.
- Sprinkle with walnuts and pomegranate seeds.
- In a small food processor, combine the remaining ingredients. Cover
- and process until blended. Transfer to a small pitcher or bowl;
- serve with salad. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup salad with 1 tablespoon dressing equals 168 calories, 17 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 27 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.