Mixed Greens and Apple Salad
A sweet-tart yogurt dressing complements a delightful combination of salad greens, apple chunks and crumbled feta cheese in this refreshing salad. Our Test Kitchen home economists created the recipe.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 5-1/3 cups mixed salad greens
- 2 medium apples, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- LEMON HONEY SALAD DRESSING:
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2-1/2 teaspoons honey
- 3/4 teaspoon fat-free reduced-sugar vanilla yogurt
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- Dash salt
- Dash white pepper
- Dash ground nutmeg
- In a large salad bowl, combine the salad greens, apple and feta
- cheese. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the salad
- dressing ingredients; shake well. Drizzle over salad; toss to
- combine. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1-1/4 cups equals 82 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 107 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fruit, 1/2 fat.