- remaining sugar. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse
- crumbs. Stir in buttermilk until a soft dough forms. Pat gently into
- a 9-in. square baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at
- 400° for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire
- Cut shortcake into 3/4-in. cubes. In parfait glasses, alternate
- layers of shortcake, custard, sliced strawberries and blueberries.
- Garnish with halved strawberries and a dollop of whipped topping.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One parfait equals 382 calories, 12 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 77 mg cholesterol, 290 mg sodium, 66 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.