Mixed Bean Salad
Making this colorful salad a day ahead gives it time to marinate. We love its flavorful tangy-sweet dressing.
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) cut wax beans, drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) cut green beans, drained
- 3 celery ribs, sliced
- 1/2 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, vinegar, oil, salt and
- pepper. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from the heat; cool slightly.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Drizzle
- with dressing; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Serve
- with a slotted spoon. Yield: 8 servings.