- Cut into 15 squares; cut each square in half diagonally. Bake at
- 350° for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, bring the sugar, water, honey and lemon
- peel to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Cool to lukewarm. Pour syrup
- over warm baklava. Yield: 30 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One piece equals 154 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 154 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch.