“I’ve had this recipe for 25 years and serve it during the holidays, especially Christmas brunch, but it’s great anytime of the year,” writes Sharon Haswell of Cheshire, Massachusetts.
4-5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 6 mint Andes candies
- 3/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 cups hot brewed coffee
- Whipped topping and chocolate curls, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine the water, sugar and candies. Cook and
- stir until sugar is dissolved and candies are melted. Stir in cream
- and milk; heat through. Stir in coffee.
- Ladle into mugs. Garnish with whipped topping and chocolate curls if
- desired. Yield: 4-5 servings.