Minty Lime Granitas
I like to balance the heat from spicy meals by serving scoops of refreshing lime granita. Keep a batch in the freezer to enjoy any time!Rochelle Schmidt, Kenosha, Wisconsin
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + freezing
- 1 package (3 ounces) lime gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3/4 cup lemon-lime soda
- 1/4 cup rum
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in the
- remaining ingredients.
- Transfer to an 8-in. square dish; cool to room temperature. Freeze
- for 1 hour or until edges begin to firm; stir. Freeze 2 hours longer
- or until firm.
- Just before serving, transfer to a food processor; cover and process
- until mixture resembles finely shaved ice. Spoon into dessert
- dishes. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 130 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 54 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1-1/2 starch.