Minty Halibut Pasta
I love recipes like this that combine numerous colors, tastes and textures.
2 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + standing Grill: 10 min.
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh mint or 2 teaspoons dried mint
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 5 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 4 ounces uncooked penne pasta
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 halibut or swordfish steak (1/2 pound and 1 inch thick)
- In a small bowl, combine the first four ingredients. Add 3 teaspoons
- oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper; mix well. Let stand
- for 30 minutes.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Combine orange peel with
- remaining oil, salt and pepper; rub over both sides of fish. Grill
- fish, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 3-4 in. from the heat for
- 5-6 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Cut into 1-in. cubes. Drain pasta; transfer to a serving bowl. Add
- swordfish and mint vinaigrette; toss to coat. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 452 calories, 15 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 663 mg sodium,